Feeling a little overwhelmed lately? Join the club! We’re all juggling so much from kids to career to family to summer schedules.... you name it! Sometimes we need a little (okay, a lot!) of help. I've gathered a list of useful life tips and tricks that can (hopefully) make the day-to-day just a bit easier. Anything that can make our crazy lives of ours more manageable is worth a shot, right? See below and take a look!
Do you have any tricks of the mom-trade that you’ve come up with? Please share in the comments below.
1) Delivery is your best friend: Have you heard of a magical little place in the virtual world called Amazon Pantry? Cut down on your grocery store runs and get anything from toilet paper to diapers to dish soap delivered right to your doorstep (usually in just 24 hours). Another favorite? Diaper.com!
2) Rubber band door locks: Wrapping rubber bands from the inner to the outer doorknobs in order to keep your bedroom and bathroom doors from locking can be a useful trick for young kiddos. It can also prevent the clicking noise from doors opening and shutting that often wake your sleeping babes when you check on them in the night. Just buy a thick rubber band—and the rest is easy!
3) Color Code: As our little ones grow, so does their stuff. It can be hard to make room for it all with their toys, books, and clothes spilling out into the hallways and living spaces. One way to keep their books in a tidy order (hey, it’s a step, right?) is to organize them by color. This makes it easy for your little ones to help put their books away and keeps the book shelf looking pretty cool, too.
4) Glue the holes closed in bath toys: this is on of those things that I can't believe I didn't think of until I was well into my 30th year of age! Babies love putting things in their mouths and that definitely holds true with bath toys. In order to prevent mildew buildup inside their tub time pals (gross!), seal off holes with a hot glue gun. Such an easy fix for safer bath time play!
5) Give yourself an Asprin mask: By the end of the week, you’re spent. And chances are, you’re skin shows it. Not to worry! A quickie aspirin mask—yes, as in the medicine—can fix you right up. Aspirin tablets actually contain a crystalline compound derived from salicylic acid—the key ingredient found in many anti-aging or acne fighting skin products. It helps remove dead skin cells, cleanse pores, and heals blemishes. Simply crush 4 uncoated aspirin tablets into ½ tsp. of coconut oil (or water if you have oily skin) with 1 tsp. of warm honey. Once the mixture becomes a smooth paste, massage it over your face and let it sit for 5-10 min. before rinsing.