Summer is a time of fun mixed with travel, BBQ, and a plethora of activities. But with this can also come stress. I know there are times that I feel like I need a vacation from the vacation, and it will take lot of the fun out of it. The hustle and bustle can be wearing, but these are the things I’ve learned over the years that have helped me keep a positive outlook during the stressful months.
1. KINDNESS. I am a firm believer in karma and treating people with kindness. When you are stressed out, it is sometimes hard to not take it out on others, as stress causes us all to focus on the self. If you can remember to not only be kind to those around you, but to yourself most importantly... you can ease some of the stress in your life.
2. REFLECT. Over and over this has become a truth for me. I am a firm believer in what you focus on is what you attract. It's all about the energy you put out there. Ever notice when your having a bad day it seems like a million bad things are happening or vice versa for the good days? Reflect and see if maybe you are being negative and its bringing more negativity/stress to your life.
3. GIVE BACK. On those days you are hit with stress don’t sit and sulk in misery, don’t text all your friends about your crappy day, do something positive to turn your day around. It can honestly be as simple as complimenting the next three people that walk by you. Choosing to stop focusing on yourself and give to others helps you move past the negativity. I love this quote by Mark Twain: "The best way to cheer yourself up is to try and cheer somebody else up”.
4. HAPPY PLACE. When everything is driving me nuts I like to shut everything off and do something I love. Wether that’s going to the park with C, spending time with my family, getting a pedicure or a massage, or doing a little retail therapy ;) Take a little “you time” to do something you love. It will rejuvenate you and allow you to see the day in a whole new light!
5. Breathe, workout and drink water! I know this sounds crazy but a lot of times when we are stressed, we manifest this physically which is turn tenses us, raises our blood pressure and keeps the stress going. Drinking water and deep breathing is been down to calm us down. Sometimes a good sweat session in the gym or a nice walk and breather followed by some water is what you need to shift your stress out of the physical state.
At the end of the day the only thing you can control is how you react to stress/negativity. Choose to be positive and choose to be grateful and encourage others. A quote that I love and try to always remember is "Stress is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere". If you want to move forward (and out of the stressful state you are in) you must take action... being a worry wart never got anyone anything other than worts! And those are no fun!
Thanks so much for reading, and thanks for all your comments (positive and negative) through out the years. I’ve learned so much doing this and I’m so thankful for this little online family we’ve created. Love you all!
SCROLL / CLICK FOR OUTFIT DETAILS: