Must Have Monday: Winter Skin Remedies
Now that fall is in full swing, I have definitely felt the change of fall weather hit hard on my skin and hair! The dry air was wreaking havoc on my skin/hair, leaving it dull, lifeless and prone to breakouts. I knew it was probably a good idea to switch up my skincare/beauty routine with something more appropriate for the season. Along with the changing leaves and the need for layers and knits, autumn and winter bring colder temperatures that result in drier, duller-looking skin (aka me right this past month!). So, to help start this season off fresh-faced, take a peek inside my new and improved beauty bag to see the products that are helping my skin and hair get through this harsh season.
1. CC cream: Autumn skin usually requires a little extra coverage to hide flaws. I love Dr. Dennis Gross CC Cream because it offers solid coverage without being too thick/gunky. It hasn't caused any breakouts and is leaving me with a much better complexion. Plus, it still comes with SPF as I always need that on my face. Dr. Dennis Gross CC Cream SPF 18, $36, Sephora
2. Hand balm: The changing of the season can be rough on my hands and depletes hydration. This cream keep my hands soft and smooth. Its made with honey, aloe vera and golden jojoba. The thick, concentrated formula from England will also smooth and protect cuticles and nails. Bamford Botanic Hand Cream, $33, Net-A-Porter.
3. Berry lip color: I have always thought the perfect hue for a fall pout is a deep, rich plummy maroon. It’s important that I pick one that’s both creamy and long-lasting. Nars “Audacious” Lipstick in Bette, $32, Bloomingdales.
4. Hair oil treatment: If your locks are like mine they will lose their bounce and shine in colder months, becoming limp and straw like. To refrain from having dried out tresses, I use this deep-conditioning treatment at the ends of my hair once it is dried. MoroccanOil Light has always done my hair good in the winter months. Another perk is that is keeps color longer as well! MorroccanOil Light Treatment, $14.80, Nordstrom.
5. Perfume: To me, nothing says winter like an intense, woody, oriental perfume blend. My go to winter fragrance for years as been Dior Addict. It's got a great vanilla, mandarin and sandalwood, making it the perfect scent for autumn. Dior Addict, $82, Sephora.
6. A good serum: I know I have stressed serums before, but they truly are make it or break it when it comes to your skins overall complexion. Whenever I use these 2 serums (Retexturing Activator and 10 AOX) specifically in the winter, I have a more supple and youthful look, and the appearance of fine lines is strongly reduced. I have also added the Phyto Corrective Gel into my winter routine this year as the dry air really causes my rosacea to flair up (my skin will flush out/redden in winter months). SkinCeuticals Retexturing Activator $73, SkinCeuticals 10 AOX $77, SkinCeuticals Phyto Corrective Gel $62.
7. Nude lips: If you’re not one for bold lip color, your fall shade should be a barely there creamy nude. The natural look is widely popular this season and a nude lip looks great with virtually any eye color. Too Faced Colour Drenched Creme Color in "Country Star", $22, Ulta.
8. Nothing says winter chill like a layer of dead skin cells on your face! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel! This at home peel gets rid of all the gunk and junk and leaves your skin acne free and radiant. I have been using it the past 2 weeks and it has completely transformed my winter skin. This will continue to be a must have for me. Alpha Beta Daily Peel, $88 . Sephora
9. Clarisonic: If you read my blog you know I am a huge fan of the Clarisonic. This season our skin needs a little extra exfoliating and detoxing than other season. It cleans, softens, and smoothes the skin in just a matter of seconds. Clarisonic Mia 2 Facial Sonic Cleansing Brush, $149, Sephora.
10. Rich moisturizer: This miraculous skin cream is used to protect against anti-aging and harsh climate changes. Applying this magic potion daily will result in radiant, glowing skin. It also ERASES bumps, bruises, knicks, scabs, scratches, acne etc. A little goes a long way. Egyptian Magic All-Purpose Skin Cream Facial Treatment, $37, DermStore.
11. Lip conditioner: There is nothing worse than having dry, cracked lips in the colder months. Keep healthy lips at bay with this ultra-conditioning, hydrating lip repair. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy, $12, Sephora.