5 Family Friendly Summer Activities
As a parent I am always searching for fun, seasonal activities to do with the family. With summer in full swing, I wanted to share a few things to add to your summer to-do list to make the most of the beautiful weather:
- Flower power: Summer flowers are a sight to be reckoned with, especially when in high numbers. Check out a flower festival in your area. If you live in California you should check out The Flower Fields in Carlsbad, CA. If a festival it’s an option in your area, explore downtown or other neighborhood (like a flower district) to get your fill of summer flowers while they are in full bloom.
- Summer shopping: Pick out a new pair of open-toe sandals. My favorite buy so far have been these ones. It's also great to have an easy, go to outfit for some outdoor play with your kids. I recommend the one I am wearing above. Super comfy and easy to move around in. You can see more of my favorite Spring sandals here.
- Dine outdoors: Pick a restaurant based purely on its outside seating options. A great view and some fresh air makes any dish taste better.
- Fly kites: Does anyone ever outgrow kite flying? We just picked up one for Camden his weekend to try at the beach. Whether as a fun date or a family activity, grab a fun, colorful kite (you can get some for a $1) and give it a try.
- Beach/Pool Bummin': Grab a fun swimsuit and head on out to the beach or pool!! There is aways a ton of fun activities and games you can play while lounging!