5 Ways to Make a Hat Your New Style BFF
Hats are one of my favorite accessories to wear year around. Lately the wide-brim hats and fedoras have been on constant repeat in my wardrobe. It’s a statement detail that instantly makes any look more interesting and it’s also a quick and simple addition to your outfit. Especially if you're a mom, it's a great way to look put together why walking out the door when you haven't had time to really do your hair! The biggest misconception about hats is that only certain people can pull them off. Nothing could be further from the truth! Here are 5 ways to styling hats like a pro.
1. First things first- pick a hat that fits! It should sit squarely on your head and cover most of your forehead.
2. For a tried and true style, select hats that look like they could fit in during any season, like a classic fedora (like seen HERE on me) or straw wide brim hat. Those classic styles are timeless for a reason and are seamless to pull off.
3. Hat hair makes all the difference. With a wide brim hat, play up your natural hair texture when wearing your hair long and loose. A low ponytail and loose braid are other hairstyles perfect for wearing a hat.
4. Hats are no respecter of seasons. When paired with a summer dress or distressed cut-offs, felt hats can be easily transitioned into spring and summer.
5. For an effortless way to style a hat, keep the rest of your accessories and outfit details basic. A hat carries a lot of weight in your look, so taking the rest of ensemble minimal creates a much-needed balance.
Check out the items below for a few of my favorite hats!