Must Have Monday - Probiotics and Vitamins for your baby
When I first heard about probiotics (aka "good" bacteria/yeast/flora) , multi-vitmains, and cod liver oil, I didn't realize how beneficial they were for babies. After doing research and talking to my pediatrician, these are the top tips I learned:
- Probiotics help strengthen the lining of the digestive tract by not allowing bad bacteria to pass through and enter the bloodstream.
- Probiotics can help ease the symptoms of colic, constipation and acid reflux.
- Probiotics help reduce eczema flare ups associated with dairy allergies/sensitivities.
My pediatrician believes Cod Liver Oil's greatest benefit is the high levels of fat soluble vitamins A, D and K. These are super important for a child’s immune systems and overall vitality. It’s also been found that fat soluble vitamins help us absorb the minerals from our diet more effectively.
- Cod Liver Oil contains a great amount of Omega 3's and fatty acids like EPA and DHA.
- Cod Liver Oil helps reduce colds, flu's, asthma, high blood pressure, and has even been used to treat rickets.
My favorite brands I use for my child are Garden of Life, Udo's and Child Life. Click below for details!
Probiotics: One a day I mix 1/4 teaspoon of ONE of these into a warm bottle. Make sure its not too hot. Hot water will kill the live bacteria. You can start probiotics at ages 3 months and up.
Multi-Vitamin: I give Camden 1 tsp a day mixed with 4 oz of water so it's not too strong on his stomach.
Cod Liver Oil: I give Camden 1/2 teaspoon daily. Good for ages 6 months +.
Have any vitamins, oils or probiotics you recommend?