Must Listen to Podcasts to Up Level Your Business
With the recent feedback and success from The Influencer Podcast (again everyone, thank you so much!) I wanted to share a little Monday motivation for the entrepreneurs, bloggers and influencers who have been on this journey with me thus far. If you would have told me years ago that I’d be this obsessed with podcasts, let alone have my own podcast that hit the top 40 chart, I would have thought you were crazy!
I used to listen to music any chance I could get. In the car, around the house, at the gym…etc. It was always my way of tuning out any problems, challenges or issues I was facing for the day. Music is also uplifting, so it gave me that extra boost when I needed it. But over the past year, things have really taken a turn.
I have come to find myself seeking more knowledge, wanting more connecting, needing more wisdom and insight. Perhaps its my age, or the comfort in settling in to my own work that is the reason. No matter the catalyst, podcasts have been something that have truly made me think differently about my business, my life, the way I parent...you name it.
I have found them challenging, educational, entertaining, inspiring, emotional, raw, real, up lifting...human. No longer to I get excited about "tuning out", instead I am anxiously awaiting on when I can tune in. I find myself sitting in my car for 20 minutes longer, waiting for an episode to finish. I have even stepped out a shower, dripping wet, because of a major 'A HA' moment that I needed to write down immediately so I wouldn't forget.
You know you are on to something truly transformative when those moments occur.
As you know, I LOVE talking about business, workflow, PR, socials media, productivity, marketing and all the things entrepreneurs focus on in their businesses. I have done just that on this blog for almost 2 years now, and am now doing it on the podcast.
Why did it take me so long to realize that other people also like to talk about these topics and share them with the world?! With this said, I don't want you to have to wait a minute longer! Below is my list of must listen to podcasts for entrepreneurs, bloggers, and influencers.
I do want to note... if you find that these podcasts are truly connecting with you and helping you, I would strongly encourage you to take just 2 minutes today to subscribe to them, and write a review and leave a rating. It really helps generate more awareness for all the hard work that each of these podcast creators put in, and to have supportive people like you show them some love by subscribing, rating and leaving that review truly makes a difference.
Once you check out an episode on iTunes, go to the podcast's main page and subscribe by clicking the subscribe button, then you can click a star rating and write a review by clicking "Write a Review" under the Ratings and Reviews tab.
Under their review, let them know I sent ya! :)
Julie's Picks: Top 5 Must Listen to Podcast's to Up Level Your Business
1) The Influencer Podcast with Julie Solomon: My entire purpose of starting a podcast was to help you up level your business, offer tips to make business growth a little easier to swallow, and inspire you along the way! So, I must include our podcast in this list!
2) Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield: I LOVE Amy! Not only is she an amazing human (I had the privilege to chat with her last year at a conference and quickly became a fan girl!) but she is SO open and FREE with information that will literally blow your mind when it comes to online marketing. It's a MUST! Favorite episode: oh so many, but Marie Forleo and Facebook Ads were pretty amazing.
3) Being Boss: Emily Thompson and Kathleen Shannon are phenomenal. Their guests are amazing, and they really know how to ask the right questions that help clear the clutter. They are all about helping you make things happen. It's all about taking ACTION! and I love that about them. Favorite episode: Jasmine Star and Brene Brown
4) The Lively Show with Jess Lively: Jess Lively will truly make you think differently and more intentionally about your life. It's truly a 360 view on making an impact of service, and I just adore her! She drives tough questions that really make the guests be true to their inner self and show up vulnerably. So many #mindblownmoments. Favorite Episode: Elizabeth Gilbert, Jasmine Star, The Law of Attraction , What to do When You're out of Alignment
5) On Being: On Being answers these important life questions: Who am I? Where did I come from? Why a I here? Where am I going? Each week is a new discovery in our lives. It's truly food for the soul. Favorite Episode: Resilience after Loss
Find this list useful? Pin it to Pinterest using the pic below and help spread the word.
What are your favorite podcasts? Any that have transformed your business or life? Any advice to share with us? Please leave your comments and thoughts below by clicking the "comment" button at the bottom left.
If you want to learn more about your elevator pitch, and how to land deals from it, I encourage you to check out Pitch It Perfect, a course I created that helps you land your first $5K in brand deals, attract more followers and pitch like a pro!
I would LOVE to know what questions, problems or struggles you may have when it comes to pitching, branding, blogging and growing your following. Please share your thoughts in this quick survey that will help me get to know you better! I am excited to connect with you and learn more about your story and brand!
This is my way of serving your needs as an influencer and entrepreneur, so you can get to know me better. I’m hoping you’ll do the same! Please, introduce yourself on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter.