020: How to Resist Conformity and Rework Your Social Strategy with Jasmine Star
In last week’s episode, you learned how to turn your side hustle into a thriving business and strategies to differentiate yourself in a saturated market with microinfluencer and YouTuber, Ellen Yin. Jasmine Star shines her light on this week’s episode, sharing with us how to resist conformity, follow our fear and leaves us with actionable steps to rework our social media strategy.
Today’s episode is with someone who may not need an introduction at all! The ever amazing Jasmine Star. Jasmine is such an essential and integral part of the world of social media and influencer marketing. She has helped and inspired me as well as thousands of others grow a brand and business online. Jasmine is a branding and social media expert who dropped out of law school, picked up a camera and pursued her dreams, later being named one of the top photographers in the world. Then, as if that wasn’t enough, she built a worldwide brand from scratch and leveraged social media marketing to build a six-figure business in her first year. Jasmine amassed hundreds of thousands of followers through her online educational efforts and empowered entrepreneurs to create a brand and market it on social media every day.
What Jasmine may not know is that she and I talk every day, and by every day, I mean that I talk to or about Jasmine to myself or someone else every day…Because when it comes to Jasmine and what she brings to the table its truly transformative, and I can not help but share it with everyone I know who is trying to grow an online brand or business.
Her skill set, experience, light and overall passion for serving others through her platform is infectious. Her ability to resist social media conformity, attract and repel the right audience, and empower entrepreneurs through education are all topics we are going to cover today, so I can’t wait to get started!
- How she went from law school to a world-renowned photographer and educator. 2:25
- How gratitude plays a major role in her success. 4:47
- How she starts her day and sets it up for success. 6:30
- Following her fear and how that leads to productivity. 8:55
- The amazing education she offers and her ability to teach – what someone can expect if they started learning from her today. 10:30
- How she breaks down social media in ways that is easy for followers to absorb and learn. 12:25
- The importance of testing and the 3 MUSTS that influencers need to test. 14:47
- Attracting vs Repelling and why you must do both. 19:57
- How to nail down your authenticity and resist conformity. 26:02
- Her tipping point in growth and success. 31:19
- What her business looks like today. 32:35
- How important freedom and creativity is in her work. 36:50
- The value of influencer marketing and the investment businesses are making. 38:30
- Challenges that influencers face today + blogger devaluation. 40:57
- Respecting social media platforms – what does this mean and why is it important. 43:06
- Analytics and ads – breaking it down. 46:09
- Quick fire round. 49:30
- Jasmine’s new endeavor – my social curator. 51:58